Who will be commis and right hand to the Belgian candidate for the Bocuse d’Or competition during the European final in Estonia and the world final in Lyon?
The final will take place Thursday 21st November 2019 during the Horeca Expo Ghent in Flanders Expo. This final is a national competition with a live audience. The competition is open to all youngsters and pupils of Belgian culinary schools with a Belgian passport, who are no older than 22 on 27th January 2021. So, you can only apply if you are born after 27/01/1999.
Submit your application before 30th April 2019:
You will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your application.
!You can only apply if you are born after 27/01/1999.
Recipes (including a picture or sketch of your dish) should reach us by 15th June 2019 at the latest:
Please include your resume (it will only be used for our press folder).
You will receive an e-mail confirming receipt.
A committee, led by Peter Goossens, will select 5 candidates based on these recipes. If you are amongst the selected candidates for the final, you will be notified by 26th June 2019 at the latest.
The goal of this competition is to select the commis who will assist the selected chef in the European final in Estonia in June 2020 and (upon qualification) the world final in Lyon in 2021.
Fillet of sole “Ostendaise”: 3 pieces of sole (4/500 gr brut)
- 2 side dishes of your choice
- 3rd side dish with potato
- to serve 6 (at once)
- dressed on a plate
- obligatory use of plates provided by the organisation (you can’t use your own plates)
- the use of “cloches” to keep the dishes warm is prohibited
- everything on the plate should be edible
- The order of appearance of the teams will be determined on location.
- Plates will be available for use.
- Candidates should serve their dish after 2,5 hours.
- First candidate will start at 11h, then a new candidate will start every 10 minutes.
- 10 minute conversation with the jury about his/her motivation.
- All preparation should take place on location, in the kitchen box.
- After the competition the kitchen is to be cleaned.
- The kitchens will be inspected by the kitchen jury before, during and after the competition.
The winner will represent Belgium as commis in the European Bocuse d’Or final in Estonia in 2020.
Please address all your questions about the competition to firstname.lastname@example.org.